Changing disk image boot options without root privileges

Hi all,

The build.sh script has a "live-image" target, but the resulting live
images are not being systematically tested.  I would like to set up
automated tests for them, but I'm stuck on the issue below.

The i386 and amd64 live images are configured to use the PC VGA
console, but for the automated tests, I need a serial console.
I can fix that using vnconfig and installboot like this:

  vnconfig vnd0 NetBSD-7.99.1-amd64-live-wd0root.img
  installboot -e -o console=com0 /dev/vnd0a
  vnconfig -u vnd0

but the problem is that it requires root privileges, which the
automated test infrastructure doesn't (and shouldn't) have.

Is there a way to accomplish this without being root?  Maybe
using rump?
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson%gson.org@localhost