Re: make: order-only prerequisites?

On Sun, Jan 22, 2017 at 10:28:51PM +0100, Thomas Klausner wrote:

> It also says "The ordering imposed by .ORDER is only relevant for
> parallel makes." which doesn't match my expectations for | either.

For non-parallel makes the prerequisits are always processed
in the order they are specified so neither .WAIT nor .ORDER
are needed.
The dependencies added for .ORDER lines could easily apply
to non-parallel makes (eady to check).

I don't remember anything that just checks 'existance'
without checking the timestamp.

	David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost