Re: Re: curses: wmove(window, ...) doesn't set physical cursor

On Mon, Nov 21, 2016 at 10:46:50PM +0100, Carsten Kunze wrote:

> I want to do further tests with new hints I got from Brett.  If it doesn't work I'll try again to prepare a minimum example from scratch.

Just for the record, what I suggested was try a touchwin() or touch on
the subwin lines in the parent window before doing the refresh on the
parent.  The subtlety with using subwin() is that the child window
shares the data structures with the parent but updates on the subwin
don't mark the parent lines for update.  This sounds a bit
counterintuitive but I think this was a deliberate ploy to push the
logic of overlapping window refresh back to the application instead of
building it into the library.

--
Brett Lymn
Let go, or be dragged - Zen proverb.