Re: refine of the GSOC project

some updates of building kernel.
I spend some time these days to investigate the kernel compiling
problem that I found earlier.
I start from netbsd 7.0 -stable, and build a netbsd-current.
After building tools, kernel modules, I found there are
two folders, one is  /usr/<buildname>/tooldir.NetBSD-7.0_STABLE-i386,
the other is /usr/<buildname>/tooldir.NetBSD-7.99.29-i386,
after installing new kernels, when trying to install userland, it will
report some binary tools cannot be found in the second folder, but
these tools exist in the first folder. I copied the required tools
over to the second folder, it install userland successfully.
I guess in the new kernel, building tools again can also solve the problem.

Although the kernel compiling problem is solved, I observed a kernel
issue of netbsd-current.
I used i386 arch on virtualbox, sometimes, it will tell me power
button is pressed and the system is shutdown
(I have attached the detailed info below). However, I never press the
button. I experience this problem
at least 10 times. To verify it is a netbsd-current problem, I
installed a netbsd 7.0-stable kernel,
and never experience this problem again.  So, I am wondering what's
the kernel changes that cause this issue?
This is not quite related to my projects, but definitely is good to
let the community know.

*** FINAL System shutdown message from root@ ***

System going down IMMEDIATELY

power button pressed