Re: pidfile_lock(3)

On 24/03/2016 12:47, Michael van Elst wrote:
> roy%marples.name@localhost (Roy Marples) writes:
>
>> If it doesn't work on NFS and you care so much, please spend your time
>> fixing NFS
>
> If you want to change things you should not try to pass your responsibility
> to someone else.

But with regards to pidfiles on NFS nothing has changed as by your own
admission locking does not work.

My resposibility with pidfiles on NFS starts and ends with documenting
any issues in the pidfile man page.

As we're talking about resposibility I'll say that everyone saying this
must work on NFS is being irresponsible about not documenting these ever
so important locking issues in flock(2), fcntl(2) and lockf(3).

Roy