Re: strerror(0) POSIX compliance

On 24.03.2016 12:49, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> POSIX extension to ISO C says:
>
> [CX] [Option Start] If the value of errnum is a valid error
> number, the message string shall indicate what error occurred; if
> the value of errnum is zero, the message string shall either be an
> empty string or indicate that no error occurred; otherwise, if
> these functions complete successfully, the message string shall
> indicate that an unknown error occurred. [Option End]
>
> http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/strerror.htm
>
>  Currently we hardcode the following text: "Undefined error: 0",
> /*  0 - ENOERROR */
>
> -- src/lib/libc/compat/gen/compat_errlist.c
>
> gnulib check for strerror(0) POSIX compliance and it prohibits
> "ndefined" string.
>
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=gnulib.git;a=blob;f=tests/test-s
tr

error.c#l63

> Can we change this string to "No error" indicating that there is
> no error? GNU returns "Success".

Also could we add an entry ENOERROR in sys/errno.h as an extension and
for consistency. The ENOERROR value is mentioned in the code-base at
least twice.

#define ENOERROR         0               /* No error */

AFAIR Tru64 defines for 0 symbol EOK.

I discovered lack of EOK equivalent symbol while porting AdvFS. I used
there "0".