Re: Per thread locales

>> Our[ locale system] (citrus) needs some tender loving and attention
>> which is not getting.  [...]

> Is there a summary somewhere of what it needs?

> (besides "locales are broken by design", which is true but unhelpful)

Well, putting on my iconoclast hat....

NetBSD has, historically, not been afraid of dumping broken-by-design
things, either in favour of nothing or in favour of something else,
less popular but also less broken.

Perhaps locales in their current from should be thrown out and
Someone(tm) should design a non-broken replacement?

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign