Re: netbsd-7 kernel and older vnconfig(8)

In article <20151109165018.C034B17FDAB%rebar.astron.com@localhost>,
Christos Zoulas <christos%zoulas.com@localhost> wrote:
>On Nov 9, 10:26am, christos%rebar.astron.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas) wrote:
>-- Subject: Re: netbsd-7 kernel and older vnconfig(8)
>
>| | That one extra test...   It also needs to go in the VNDIOCGET30
>| | and VNDIOCGET50 cases as well, to handle even older vnconfig commands.
>|
>| Yes, that should work.
>
>I just tried it and it does not work. The current userland code fails with
>vnd4, (an artifact of config_makeroom)... So the old userland code depended
>on ENXIO to stop the search, the new code expects all devices in /dev/ to
>be get'able.

I think that the best solution is to make the kernel return ENXIO again,
fix the userland to handle this in current, and issue a pullup for -7
for both userland and kernel. At least this makes things more stable in
the long term.

christos