Re: netbsd-7 kernel and older vnconfig(8)

    Date:        Mon, 9 Nov 2015 13:53:13 +0000 (UTC)
    From:        christos%astron.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas)

  | Can't we pull this change up? Or does it break old kernels?

It would be easy, but it is the wrong solution - keeping backwards compat
cannot be achieved by changing the old systems, ever, we have to do it in
the new system, which generally NetBSD does a good job of.

If you apply the fix I sent in the previous message, assuming it works,
which I believe it will, then the change to the way that vndconfig -l
works could be reverted, meaning that it wouldn't need to waste time
reading /dev (assuming that's where the devices are actually created)and
looking for the magic "rvnd" string, which is not really a reliable way
to find devices.

kre