Re: aligned_alloc c11 function

On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 11:53:25 -0400 (EDT)
Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> wrote:

> > (On all real platforms, MIN_ALIGNMENT == sizeof(void *)
>
> Only for strange values of "real".  Platforms where sizeof(void *) is
> not a power of two predate C (and are part of the reason why C has
> that latitude built into it).
>
> Perhaps all, what was the phrase, "industrially relevant"
> platforms....

Looking at the cpu architectures that NetBSD supports[1] I would
I draw the conclusion that on all of them sizeof(void*) is either 4 or
8. Or am I wrong? So I think that using Terry's suggestion is fine.
If anyone is against this please speak up.

regards,
Niclas

1.
http://www.netbsd.org/ports/#ports-by-cpu