Re: hangup in close(2) after posix_openpt(3)

> The following test program posted on Japanese ruby-dev mailing list
> in 2015 [...] still causes hangup on NetBSD/i386 7.0:

Causes the test program to hang, or the whole system to hang?  For the
former, see below.  The latter I would class as a "must be fixed
yesterday" bug.

> [...close a pty slave with master->slave data pending...]

> My question is:
>  Is this expected behavior on *BSD systems?

Well, I would not expect it, and would not hesitate to file a bug
report for it if I ran into a problem caused by it.  Especially if the
hanging process cannot be killed by signals.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign