Re: printf and -m

"James K. Lowden" <jklowden%schemamania.org@localhost> wrote:
 |On Fri, 21 Aug 2015 12:43:10 -0400
 |christos%zoulas.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas) wrote:
 |> We should decide what we want to do:
 |>
 |> - Make %m work in printf() like linux does.
 |> - [treat %m as an error]
 |
 |Christos has posed a philosophical policy question in the guise of a
 |technical one.  Writ large: should NetBSD generally follow Linux or
 |Posix?  Or neither?

I always liked %m, if the thread is about being strerror(errno)
that is.  The few bytes it requires are no problem and are usually
linked in anyway.  I had it.  But then again i did not support
localization because that would have brought in a bunch of
otherwise useless dependencies, effectively turning %m into
a developer in-debug-phase only thing.

--steffen