Re: Cannot mmap character device

>> Why doesn't xbd provide mmap support?  My guess would be it's just a
>> case of "nobody's needed it enough to bother writing it yet".
> It ought to happen a layer up, like it does for disk block devices.

Ideally, yes; xbd (and sd and wd and a whole bunch of others) should
specify an mmap handler of "disk_cdev_mmap" or some such.

That would likely be even more work than just making one (or a few)
disk drivers support cdev mmap, though, so the same remarks apply - the
reason it hasn't been done is still, likely, "nobody's needed it enough
to bother".

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign