Re: stdio buffering extension

> OTOH if a program is writing binary data (maybe using fwrite() not
> fprintf()) then block buffering is more likely to be appropriate.

This actually raises an interesting question.  Maybe the buffering
should depend on the call used?  (f)fprintf, for example, might want to
line-buffer, but fwrite block-buffer?

I'm far from sure of this - I've used fwrite often enough for text
output, for example - but perhaps something along those lines could be
useful to think about.

/~\ The ASCII				  Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign