Re: Heirloom Troff for NetBSD (was: Removing ARCNET stuffs)

On Mon, 8 Jun 2015 22:05:17 -0400 (EDT)
Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> wrote:

> > As for HTML, I'm not so sure it's all that important as an output
> > format.  PDFs with hyperlinks have all the advantages of HTML,
>
> ...including the ability to get most of the content out of them with
> plain text tools like `less'.

You know as well as I do that if it's troff we're talking about that
can produce navigable, hyperlinked PDFs, then nroff meets that
requirement.

I don't know if nroff is unique in the markup-to-terminal "market".
Except for browsers like lynx, I can't think of another tool renders
any kind of markup in the terminal.

--jkl