Re: Disable texinfo by default?

"Kamil Rytarowski" <n54%gmx.com@localhost> writes:

>> What's the gain in disabling it?
>>
> - texinfo is GNU / GPLv3
> - GNU tool-chain documentation seems under supported (see below)
> - its in pkgsrc

That's not a clear articulation of a gain.  I have been reading the
lists for a long time and haven't seen serious issues.

What I object to is the "this is crufty, and I don't particularly need
it, so I want to remove it".  That leaves out the issue of how it will
affect others and whether it will be a net win for the project.