Re: Disable texinfo by default?

info should stay.  There are lots of info files that have more content
than man pages, and it is unique among the fancier documentation formats
in that it can be nicely read inside an xterm.

It also seem totally unreasoanble to disable info, rather than following
the migration of upstream info docs to the new bikeshed format, when
doing imports of new versions that have migrated.

For disabling MKFOO by default, I think the test should be that most
people doing builds are turning it off because it is more trouble than
it's worth.    This is the first time I've heard of anyone wanting to
turn off MKINFO (by itself, without basically turning off everything for
a tiny footprint system).

/usr/share/info (netbsd-6) is 12M.   That's a tiny fraction of base.

What's the gain in disabling it?

In general, it's starting to feel like there are more random proposals
to delete things that don't address the overall cost/benefit.