Re: Reuse strtonum(3) and reallocarray(3) from OpenBSD

Christos Zoulas wrote:
> I am fine with that. Given that kamil's other functions can be implemented
> easily with macros, I will commit in a couple of days if I don't hear
> otherwise.

Please hang on.

Excuse me Christos for adding to the discussion the argument that
some other functions (functionalities) can be wrapped around
as macros or inlines. It was inappropriate from my side,
mea maxima culpa.

Please evaluate the split of your strtoi(3) into two specialized
functions. I believe this split will simplify the usage and make
the interface clean. Everything of course without affecting errno,
but returning errors through extra last parameter -- optionally
whether a user is interested.

I have local patches that are added in a useful form to the kernel
and user space, with included _l (i18n) variations and efun(3)
utilities.

Last thing whether we are interested in a feedback from OpenBSD...
i.a. are they interested in inclusion of our new interface to their
system, obsoleting strtonum(3).

When I see differences and the general competition between the systems
as a major benefit, I see no problem in incorporating achievements
from competitors.

Kind regards!