Re: Compiling Linux under emulated environment

On Dec 1, 2014, at 9:27 AM, Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 01, 2014 at 09:20:37AM -0600, Mr. dustin Kick wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I hope I am sending this to the proper mailing list.  I am wondering
>> if it is possible to compile a linux program under the emulated
>> environment using that would be useable in both emulated linux and an
>> actual linux.
>
> If you use a Linux toolchain (esp linker), sure.
>
> Joerg

Thank you, Joerg, is this something I should be able to figure out through manual reading?  Would I need to set makefile library variables, or would there be more to it than that? (I'm not lucky enough to have the possibility of something similar to chrooting into a emul/linux environment so ./configure would take care of it, am I?).

Dustin Kick
KC9MEL