Re: gcc-4.8.x import

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 10:20:43AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
 > So I thought that I only said "please call it gcc48, not yagcc or
 > something else that's hard to understand".  I don't see how that leads
 > to more files than what you were proposing.

Every time gcc gets imported in a new place, it creates a monster
subtree on the CVS server that never goes away and has to be traversed
in detail on every CVS update. This is already a problem and creating
more and more of these is not a winner.

My inclination is to reuse gnu/dist/gcc4 and treat it as one more
thing that can't be cleaned up fully until we manage to dump CVS.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost