Re: Library support for two-phase daemonization

Iain Hibbert wrote:
> For some reason, I have an uncommitted change in my local source tree, to
> use SIGTERM for this.. which would at least always cause an exit.

The exit should already happen, as the default action of SIGUSR1 is to
terminate the process, just like SIGTERM.  But the process spawning
the daemon may be confused when wait() indicates that it exited due to
a signal rather than successfully.
--
Andreas Gustafsson, gson%NetBSD.org@localhost