Re: How Unix manages processes in userland

> [rc.d] is what we have and it handles dependencies, starting and
> stopping; regardless of whether it's adequate as it is, bolting on
> something else that doesn't interoperate with it would be a serious
> mistake.

Would it?

If what's there is insufficient for a task, as far as I can see the
alternatives are to bolt on something else (which will probably
interoperate poorly to not at all, or there wouldn't be any need for
it) or switch operating systems.  This makes it sound as though your
position is that if NetBSD doesn't answer the user's desire out of the
box, the user should run some other OS.  Surely that's not what you
mean to be saying....

\ / Ribbon Campaign