Re: in which we present an ugly hack to make sys/queue.h CIRCLEQ work

On Sun, Nov 24, 2013 at 05:40:21AM -0500, Mouse wrote:
> Of course, pragmatically, it is highly unlikely uint8_t will be
> anything but unsigned char, so you are almost certain to be OK in
> practice.

Actually it would be very useful to have a 'byte' type that wasn't 'char'.
One of the unfortunate side effects of the strict aliasing rules are that
whenever you write a 'char' the compiler has to assume it might affect
any memory location that isn't part of the same data item.
(All global data being one item.)

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost