Re: in which we present an ugly hack to make sys/queue.h CIRCLEQ work

> Let me get on the record.  It's basically ridiculous to allow GCC 4.8
> to redefine the set of permitted C expressions such that it breaks
> BSD.

gcc 4.8 isn't.  C99 did; what's distinctive about gcc 4.8 is that
before that gcc didn't take advantage of the leeway C99 said it had.
These macros have been out-of-spec since the day NetBSD decided it was
going to use C99 rather than some older version of C; it's just that
only now is that out-of-spec-ness actually biting anyone.  (That
decision may have been implicit in a compiler version change.)

\ / Ribbon Campaign