Re: sysinst with Lua support

Am 11.11.13 02:00, schrieb David Holland:
> On Sun, Nov 03, 2013 at 05:25:06PM +0100, Marc Balmer wrote:
>  > > Preparing an option that disable Lua support could be an easier
>  > > temporary workaround during transision, and maintainers might
>  > > be able to consider how to handle lua (split floppies etc.)
>  > > until the next release.
>  >
>  > This will not really work, since the goal is to replace functionally
>  > currently written in C with functionality written in Lua.
>
> That is the goal, but you said yourself a few messages up that you
> haven't done any of this yet. So it will work for now, and it's a way
> to move forward without breaking things or creating strife.

Ok, so lets go this route.  I will will add "SYSINST_USE_LUA?=yes" to
sysinst's Makefile.inc (src/distrib/utils/sysinst/Makefile.inc) and use
that to trigger the Lua support (right know it uses "USE_LUA", but I
think adding the "SYSINST_" prefix makes sense).  If set to yes, it will
add "-DLUA" to CFLAGS.

Then the flow can be:

#ifdef LUA
  .. use new shiny Lua stuff
#else
  .. keep old code intact
#endif

I don't know, however, how this has to be set to "no" for the build of a
ramdisk/floppy image.  I need someone to help me with this.