Re: sysinst with Lua support

> > Preparing an option that disable Lua support could be an easier
> > temporary workaround during transision, and maintainers might
> > be able to consider how to handle lua (split floppies etc.)
> > until the next release.
>
> This will not really work, since the goal is to replace functionally
> currently written in C with functionality written in Lua.

I wonder how much size is used (and will be reduced)
by current code written in C..

> Maybe leave sysinst untouched and start a new program (based on sysinst)
> in /usr/sbin (NetInstall?), then switch those ports that can handle it
> over to the new installer?  Not really what I had in mind, and not
> really ideal as well, since then the two will diverge and ports using
> the "old" sysinst will eventually be left behind.

Tier-II ports shouldn't prevent Tier-I development,
so if there is no easy way to handle it you can just say
"it should be fixed by Tier-II users."

But if there are possible suggested way to shrink size
(or keep old sysinst), it would encourage minority users :-)

> BTW, also one tier-I port is affected, hpcarm can not build the
> miniroot, since it does not link to liblua, and I did not yet find where
> it takes the list of libraries from that are linked with the crunched
> binary (need to add -llua -lm there).  Adding "LIBS -llua" in
> dirstrib/hpcarm/miniroot/list does not help, because the link order is
> then wrong (... -lm ... -llua instead of the other way round).

src/distrib/miniriit/list ?
It's also used by several other ports.

---
Izumi Tsutsui