Re: CVS commit: src/bin/hostname

On 29/07/2013 18:15, Alan Barrett wrote:
New features that are likely to be controversial should be discussed
before being implemented.

I don't view these changes as controversial hence I just did it. If you look at my prior posting history I always launch discussion, often with a patch, prior do doing something I consider controversial.

Even after implementing the changes, you
still have not seen fit to esplain what the new options are supposed
to be used for, under what circumstances they might be useful, what
problem they are intended to solve, or even what their semantics are.

So if someone doesn't like it with a CVS commit bit, feel free to rip it out and I'll keep my changes local.

Since you are not even willing to explain why you made the changes, I
think thay should immediately be reverted.

It seems that you can neither read, or you are just willfully ignoring my explanation.

I fail to see why I should justify myself when others frankly just state their opinion with none or limited technical merits. How the hell is their opinion worth any more than mine? Not saying mine is worth more, but from where I am now it says my view is worth squat.

Maybe it's time for me to step away from NetBSD.

Roy