Re: st_dev and st_ino addition to mtree(8) spec

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 10:33:26AM +0200, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
> The attached small patch implements two new keywords within
> mtree(8): "devid" and "inode".

I'm not sure I like that since it is IMO not that useful. I was
considering adding hardlink resolution in the libarchive mtree writer,
but ended up not doing that due to lack of support in the mtree format
at the time. It would be trivial to extend it to do that and would cover
this problem much mor edirectly.

Joerg