Re: radiusd: Error detected by libpthread: Invalid mutex.

Christos Zoulas <christos%zoulas.com@localhost> wrote:

> | An important point: it seems current Linux implementation is perfectly
> | fine with using mutexes that were not initialized, leading Linux
> | developper to often forget the pthread_mutex_init() call. This is a bug
> | I encountered a few times when porting glusterfs on NetBSD.
>
> I agree, but how do you suggest that we improve the situation?

PTHREAD_DIAGASSERT=ale helps because it makes problems reproductible,
but it does not reports everything needed to track the problem: the log
message gives no hint of where the problem is, and for reasons I have
not yet fully understood, core are very often unusable, with gdb being
unable to see the relevant thread.

Attaching the process with gdb before the problem arise almost never
works at mine: at attach time, gdb tells it got confused and suggests
dumping a core of itself.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz