vndcompress

(I am not subscribed to this list, so please cc me in replies.)

I rewrote vndcompress(1) to fix a few little bugs, to make it a lot
more robust, and to support SIGINFO, restarting if interrupted, and
non-seekable input/output (except for the output of vndcompress).  The
code is at <http://www.NetBSD.org/~riastradh/tmp/vndcompress> (which
is also a Git repository).

It can be a byte-for-byte drop-in replacement for vndcompress(1),
which means that files that are not a multiple of the compression
block size get spurious zero padding when compressed, but I don't
think that's terribly useful -- I left it as a cpp switch called
VNDCOMPRESS_COMPAT, in any case.

Comments?  Objections to replacing the current vndcompress code by it?