terminal setup

Hi

I am trying to run an install script from /etc/rc.local and run into
terminal setup problem: the last line outuput by the script is not
displayed until the user hit return (which is not very helpful if the
scipt asks questions).

There is no problem if the script is ran after login or in single user
mode. I therefore assume getty and init perform appropriate terminal
setup for carriage returns, but what are they? Can I reproduce them from
a shell script?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
http://hcpnet.free.fr/pubz