Re: Conditional rc.d scripts?

On 15/03/2013 23:31, Jan Danielsson wrote:
   Each time I do those manual steps I think "There must be
(uncontroversial) ways to automate this.".

in rc.conf(5)
wpa_supplicant=YES
dhcpcd=YES

Edit wpa_supplicant.conf(5) to taste:
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=wheel

that takes care of wired and wireless ethernet.

If you use a GUI, you can add update_config=1 to wpa_supplicant.conf(5) to allow dhcpcd-dbus to update wpa_supplicant.conf(5) on your behalf. dhcpcd-gtk is a small GTK+ systray monitor for dhcpcd + wpa_supplicant. The handy part is a light weight GUI to change which AP you want to connect to and choose a pass key. Without a GUI, just edit wpa_supplicant.conf(5) for all your network and let it tick.

I don't use PPP on my NetBSD heads it should be trivial to write a hook for dhcpcd-run-hooks(8) to dial something when the ppp0 interface is created by the kernel. You could also use ifwatchd for this, but you're already using dhcpcd so run with it :)

So the NetBSD base system has everything you need with minimal configuration required.

Thanks

Roy