Re: launchd port: Worth it?

On Fri, 15 Mar 2013 14:00:57 -0400 (EDT)
Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> wrote:

> > That done, a simple SELECT statement could reveal "all things that
> > depend on X" for example, or the longest serial list of
> > dependencies,
>
> I'm not sure what "longest serial list of dependencies" is.  But,
> excepting "the longest list of things any single thing is declared to
> directly depend on", I can't think of anything it could mean that a
> "simple" SELECT could find.

Gee whiz, does every single sentence have to be right?  ;-)

I was thinking of the largest set of tasks that have to be executed
serially, each depending on the one before.  You're right: to answer
that with SQL requires support for recursive queries, which SQLite
doesn't have.  It's not hard to add though, or do externally if it
comes to that.

--jkl