Re: CVS commit: src/usr.bin/mail

"Christos Zoulas" <christos%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
 |Module Name:  src
 |Committed By: christos
 |Date:         Wed Mar  6 20:49:20 UTC 2013
 |
 |Modified Files:
 |      src/usr.bin/mail: fio.c
 |
 |Log Message:
 |since we are calling realpath() earlier now, we need to expand the name
 |of the folder in case it contained variables like $HOME.

$HOME would simply be

  :set folder=

however; Mail(1) (and POSIX) yet don't document expansion, but
only state

  If this name begins with a `/', mail considers it to be an
  absolute pathname; otherwise, the folder directory is found
  relative to your home directory.

And do you see any issues with the simplifying and multibyte-safe
patch in PR bin/47577 (the clean one using mblen(3))?
It's working fine for me on UTF-8, and should do well for all
multibyte encodings that have a clear notion of sequence leaders
and follow bytes ('don't know wether there are ambiguous ones);
it is anyway better than the version in CVS in respect to that.

--steffen