Re: bin/47597: local and $() don't play well with each other

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 05:56:12PM +0100, Steffen Daode Nurpmeso wrote:
> Hello,
>
> tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:
>  |built-in utilities": what means "with" ? It seems at least that:
>  |export VAR=value
>  |sets and exports. There is no obligation to interpret this as
>
> This is not portable to some (old) shells.

I know ;-) When developing R.I.S.K. (the building framework used for
kerTeX and KerGIS), I had to find the minimal compatible set supported
by all Bourne like shells; and this is not in it.

But for this very example, I think that the
variable assignment was meant inside functions or with this kind of
call of a "special built-in" (this is inside the same environment and
string of process so affects the whole) and not for the prefixed
version, typically local environment setting "VAR=value utility".

Thanks for the pointers anyway!
                      http://www.kergis.com/