Re: Post-mortem debugging tools

>> ISTM that there should be one library (probably not the libkvm we
>> currently have) that does both things transparently.  That, or
>> sysctl emulation for dump images.
> That still requires duplicate code, so it doesn't change the question
> of what such code is needed for.

Postmortem kernel debugging, obviously.  Or, at least, it seems obvious
to me.

It seems to me that anyone proposing to do away with those needs to
either explain how to get that informaiton out of a kernel coredump, or
make a very convincing case that that's not a necessary or useful thing
to do.

\ / Ribbon Campaign