restore: expected next file xxx, got y

I used dump/restore to change two file systems's parameters (and those of the
undelying RAID), and upon restore, I got
        expected next file 38, got 3
        expected next file 38, got 4
on one fs and
        expected next file 1639712, got 3
        expected next file 1639712, got 4
on the other.

I had dump'ed a subset of one of the two fs's and restore'ed it to a different
place the day before (to estimate the time it takes) without those messages.

So, what do the messages mean and how can I find out which files are effected?
Are those numbers inode numbers of the source fs?

I do have another tape-based backup but would like to avoid restoring from
there since that would take ages.