Re: Return Value of realloc(3)

On May 22,  9:18am, Abhinav Upadhyay wrote:
} On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 1:26 PM, Alan Barrett <apb%cequrux.com@localhost>
wrote:
} > On Sun, 30 Dec 2012, Abhinav Upadhyay wrote:
} >>
} >> My point was that we should document this exact behaviour as mentioned
} >> in the standards.
} >> "If size is 0, either NULL or a unique pointer that can be
} >> successfully passed to free(3) is returned."
} >
} > I agree.  And we might as well also document what happens when zero is
} > passed to malloc or calloc.
} >
} > If we also document which of the two behaviours is used by NetBSD, then we
} > should be careful not to encourage callers to reply on that implementation
} > decision, because it may change in the future while remaining compatible
} > with relevant standards.
}
} Also, what about erealloc(3) in libutil ? Looking at its

     That's part of the implementation.  It's allowed to make assumptions.

}-- End of excerpt from Abhinav Upadhyay