Re: /sbin/fast{boot,halt}

    Date:        Fri, 9 Nov 2012 23:10:11 -0500 (EST)
    From:        Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost>

  | Even post-networking and post-NFS, _some_ systems need to have lots of
  | disk space.

Yes, of course, it's just that now it is much easier to test on a
"smaller" system, and leave the "big" one relatively stable.  When
fastboot etc were first created, that wasn't true, small systems (no
sources, etc) were fine to work on (general user work), but useless
for system development.

  | I suspect your "cannot imagine that anyone uses them any more" is more
  | a failure of your imagination than an accurate description of current
  | reality.

Probably .. but that's why I included a suggested replacement script.

I did not really expect that these things would just be removed, they've
been there a very long time.

kre