Re: Replacing bind by unbound

On 31/10/2012 10:02, Martin Husemann wrote:
What it can not do (easilay/apparently - I didn't dig too deep), which
I do with bind a lot, is serve a local view of a zone to the inside
net, that differs from the official outside view. It can be told to use
a different primary server for such a case though, which would have
meant for me to run nsd as well on a different port and have unbound
forward queries there - while with bind I can do this with a single
daemon.

What do you think?

I second the import of unbound. I would also argue the need to import nsd as well. What I do is run nsd on my external addresses and unbound on my internal addresses instead of using different ports. My only grip is that neither product currently offers dynamic dns updates.

Thanks

Roy