Re: locale patches for en_NZ.UTF-8

On 10/2/12 12:57 AM, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
On Mon, Oct 01, 2012 at 02:13:37PM +1300, Lloyd Parkes wrote:
I finally got fed up with several pkgsrc packages defaulting to ASCII instead
of UTF-8 because NetBSD doesn't have a UTF-8 locale for my location.

The patches are completely trivial and so my question is, is it too late to get them into NetBSD
6.0? The patches just make en_NZ.UTF-8 a copy of other locale information that already exists in
the same way that en_NZ.ISO8859-15 is a copy of other locale information. I've tested it my running
"make install" in src/share/locale, setting "LANG=en_NZ.UTF-8" and then running
the PostgreSQL data creation tool and the Django database setup tool. Both those tools used to fail
with UTF-8 and now neither of them fail. Not exactly extensive testing I know, but I'm feeling very
goal focussed at the moment.
Well, please "send-pr" a change request with the new files/ diffs for the
relevant Makefile etc., or post them here if that's too difficult.

It might be too late for 6.0 (this is for the release engineering team
to decide), but this would certainly be able to go into 6.1. It has to
be in the main tree first, hwoever.

Regards,
        -is

Yeah, it's too late for 6.0 (watch this space), but send-pr for the future!

+j