From: Ed Schouten <ed%freebsd.org@localhost>
Date: 2012/8/31
Subject: svn commit: r239954 - head/usr.sbin/ac
To: src-committers%freebsd.org@localhost, svn-src-all%freebsd.org@localhost,
svn-src-head%freebsd.org@localhost

Author: ed
Date: Fri Aug 31 18:26:39 2012
New Revision: 239954

Log:
  Relicense ac(8).

  Though the license of the original ac(8) source code provides many
  liberties, we are already somewhat violating it. The license requires us
  to clearly comment any modifications to the source code, as the original
  authors of course do not want to get bug reports for modified versions
  of ac(8). This is something we have not done consistently.

  The need for such a license clause has become less over time. It is very
  unlikely that end users will contact the original authors, as the
  copyright is from 1994. I contacted both the copyright holders. They
  responded in a timely fashion and were more than willing to relicense it
  to a 2-clause BSD license. To address any concerns about bug reports
  going to the original authors instead of me, add my own name and email
  address to the copyright statements as well.

  MFC after:            1 month
  Special thanks to:    Christopher Demetriou and Simon Gerraty

Modified:
  head/usr.sbin/ac/ac.c