Re: rb_tree_iterate(3) documentation vs. implementation

On Tue, 28 Aug 2012, Mindaugas Rasiukevicius wrote:

- There is also PR/45893.  The reason why these changes were not made are
 concerns about breaking backwards compatibility (apparently, there are
 3rd party users of this library already).  In theory, it is not too late,
 as netbsd-6 will be the first release shipping rbtree(3), but we need to
 reach the consensus on this.

Seems to me, we ought to get this "right" before we formally ship. The "early adopters" who are already using rbtree(3) already should be few in number and hopefully we could work with them to adapt to the changes.

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |