Re: busybox replacement idea

On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 4:38 PM, Aleksey Cheusov <cheusov%tut.by@localhost>
wrote:
> You will not be able to build NetBSD utils on non-NetBSD platforms due
> to some BSD-isms like fgetln, strl* and others.

You can either patch the code to not use NetBSD-isms, depend on
libnbcompat (as done in pkgsrc) or add conditional-specific code
variants for other systems.

> The only problem I see is a periodic syncing with NetBSD CVS. Not that
> it is not possible but it would be much better if we could "fork" (in
> terms of Distributed SCM) src/ subdirectories into a single project. In
> this case "merging" would be easier. Though, I'm not sure any DSCM
> system provides such functionality.

One of the ideas that surfaced a while ago was to put such code into
src/internal/<project>/ or similar, and maintain it there in a form
that can readily be shipped externally.

--
Julio Merino / @jmmv