Re: Limiting rpc.lockd to IPv4 only

On Sun, 12 Aug 2012, Greg Troxel wrote:

Disable in which way?

Remove INET6 from kernel?  yes, that works.

Remove tcp6 and udp6 from netconfig?  No, that doesn't work.  (It also
is not sufficient for nfsd ...)

Why are you trying to disable IPv6?   Lots of things listen on 127.0.0.1
and ::1 both, and I don't see the harm.

(I'm not saying you shouldn't, and that there shouldn't be flags to
disable v6 for various problems, but it seems like you are solving a
non-problem.)

The problem is that I'm not ready to run a full IPv6 system, with globally routed addresses, until I've actually figured it all out. I want to take baby steps.

So, until I am ready, /etc/netconfig will have only IPv4 entries, and I don't want nfsd or its friends listening on IPv6!

| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 | paul at whooppee.com    |