Re: db(3) removal and lastlogx

On Sun, 22 Jul 2012 14:52:49 -0400
christos%zoulas.com@localhost (Christos Zoulas) wrote:

> |  > >and we can't move to db4 or db5 because of licensing.
> |
> | Well, we could; just not in libc.
>
> Not worth it I think; they have the Oracle license now.

Indeed, db4 is being increasingly replaced by sqlite in projects,
partly because of the licensing issues, but also because of its
simple interface, and I agree that db4 is unsuitable for the base system.

I was not aware of the problems with the old BDB we have, thanks to
those who discussed the details.
--
Matt