Re: makefs: sparse files

On 6/14/12 8:20 AM, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:
The patch below is based on something one of our guys did.
I've changed the option to something vaguely mnemonic -Z (no zeros ;-)
and updated the man page.

This greatly reduces the time taken to generate files for use with
vm's.

This is for ffs only so far.

I was very recently thinking what a nice feature this would be to have, then promptly forgot about it.

I have not yet had a chance to test this code, but I approve heartily of the concept.

+j