Re: asynchronous make(1), anyone?

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 05:00:19AM +0000, David Holland wrote:
> IDEs have a substantially greater ability to reason about what's
> happening. (Especially the ones where you have a 'project' instead of
> makefiles.)

I realy don't understand what problem we are trying to solve here.
Just bind "save all open documents and invoke make" to whatever key combo
you like and you are done. No ponies, no magic. You might need a "project"
specific hook for the "invoke make" part.

Auto-figuring it out from the filesystem changes seems like a backward
aproach to me.

Martin