Re: pkgsrc and XAPPLRESDIR

On Mon, Nov 14, 2011 at 10:40:37PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
 > > My inclination remains to go ahead and patch the 108 packages though.
 > > Most of them also use imake and that too should be ripped out.
 >
 > Well, then what's your conclusion?

I don't know. I asked a question about libXt because I don't know the
answer, and I was hoping (probably stupidly) that someone else would
before wading into X man pages.

If nobody wants to comment on whether the wrap thing is a stupid idea
or not, then I'm forced to conclude that it's so stupid nobody wants
to say so.

 > You have an idea, but no code?
 > PR/26357 is unacceptable even for interim fix and
 > we should just add MESSAGE files to 108 packages?

Since when is this such an urgent problem that it needs an instant
interim fix? The packages involved have behaved the same way for years
and years.

I have no idea how to go about getting xpkgwedge's message into binary
packages without copypasting it 108 time; but it must be possible.

Also we're on the wrong list.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost