Re: Extended attributes and archives (tar, cpio, mpax, makefs...)

>> I am not sure it is worth the trouble looking at rcp.  scp does not
>> know about EA, but would it be desirable to change that?
> The openssh people seem to think that the scp protocol should die,
> and that anything new should go into the sftp protocol.

Eww.

scp should either die or be documented, but I'd prefer to document it
rather than kill it.  sftp may be fine as a remote filesystem access
protocol, but it's horribly over-complex for just copying files from
machine A to machine B.

\ / Ribbon Campaign